Contact me to:

Please contact me to order Stampin' Up! products or book a workshop in the Nelson/Tasman regions
sally.robertson@email.com

I run card classes monthly on a Friday morning and am involved in the Nelson Stampin' Up! Extravaganzas.

I value my customers. Please ask about my customer loyalty programme.

All enquiries are welcome!

Thursday, April 30, 2015

'Fly': A mixed media canvas

Lately I have been feeling like creating another mixed media piece, so I decided to give it a whirl using some of my favourite Stampin' Up products.  Come and see....
 

So I literally started with a  blank canvas and built it up from there.  Starting with paper, and then washi tape, and then more paper...Layering and tucking and placing and playing to my heart's content.


I seem to be going through a gold phase.  The doily pattern in behind the bird has been cut from cardstock embossed using the Lovely Lace folder.  See the bird's wing?  That too has been cut from the embossed pattern also!


I used simply pressed clay and the alphanumeric mold to spell 'FLY' and then the gold ink to colour.  It's the first time I've used the clay and it isn't at all like I expected.  It's light as a feather so perfect for making images to put on cards too.


I stamped the leaves using the background stamp from the 'summer silhouettes' set.  The venetian crochet trim (bottom of the canvas) is just lovely.  I have also inked this in gold.



Retiring products that I have used to make this canvas are:
Encore Ink:  Metallic Gold, Flowerpot DSP, Watercolor Wonder Washi tape and Simply Pressed Clay, Basic Black Ink.  Only available while stocks last.


Non SU products used:  Canvas, gold filament thread.

If you live in New Zealand and would like to order Stampin' Up products I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for looking. :)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


1 comment: